Professor Stephen Mutula
Acting Dean: School of Social Sciences
Full Professor of Information Science
- PhD (info science) (Johannesburg), MLIB (Wales)(UK), PGD(Comp Science)(Nairobi), BED (Nairobi).
- NRF C2 rated
- Research areas include: Government, knowledge management, information poverty, digital exclusion, digital divide, information ethics, information society
- Award winner of the Fiek Foundation (Germany) African information ethics; winner of several Emerald literati awards for scholarly excellence, editor in chief of the African journal of library, Archives and Information Science
- Serves on several editorial boards of leading international journals such as The electronic library, Information development, Online information review, south African journal of information management, journal of knowledge management
- Author of three books – digital economies SMEs and readiness, web based information management, knowledge management in the digital age: African perspectives
- Member of Council, University of Lesotho; Member of the board of the African Network of Information ethics.
- Has published extensively and has also presented papers in international conference as key note speaker