What do they do?
The Disability Support Unit provides services for current and prospective students with permanent and temporary impairments/disabilities to access the University.
- Assistance during registration and orientation.
- Assistance to access National Student Financial Aid through the Disability bursary allocation.
- Assistance to access essential assistive devices, e.g. wheelchairs and other devices.
- Assessments for reasonable academic accommodations, including time concessions for students with learning disabilities.
- Access to residences.
- Independence training services for visually impaired students.
- Sign language services for Deaf students.
- Support for hard of hearing students.
- Access to student LANS with specialised software for students with disabilities.
- Specialised disability counselling and support.
- Facilitate access to a range of rehabilitation services on and off campus.